New Career Opportunity: NACDD Evaluation Specialist
Saturday, August 27, 2016
On behalf of CDC, the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) seeks an Evaluation Specialist to lead efforts aimed at increasing evaluation capacity among Colorectal Cancer Control Program (CRCCP) and National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) funded grantee programs. The Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for working with a multidisciplinary evaluation team to develop a comprehensive approach to evaluation capacity-building among grantee programs. The Evaluation Specialist will develop and oversee a variety of capacity-building activities for grantee programs to include: develop communities of practices (CoPs); coordinate webinars to increase grantees’ knowledge and skills about key evaluation activities; manage electronic grantee resource networks, and other activities as identified. The Evaluation Specialist will serve as the main point of contact for all grantee capacity-building needs throughout the project year.
The Division of Cancer Prevention and Control (DCPC) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides funding to U.S. states, territories, and tribal organizations to support cancer prevention and control. CDC’s Colorectal Cancer Control Program (CRCCP) funds 30 grantees to increase colorectal cancer screening in health systems. In addition, CDC’s National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) supports 67 grantees to provide breast and cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services to low-income, uninsured women.
- Strengthen the capacity of CRCCP- and NBCCEDP-funded grantee programs to plan and implement key evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team at CDC to develop a comprehensive plan for building evaluation capacity among CRCCP and NBCCEDP grantee programs.
- Develop and facilitate Communities of Practice (CoPs) to support peer learning among grantees.
- Plan and facilitate monthly webinars to build grantees’ capacity to execute key evaluation tasks (e.g., developing logic models, using evaluation findings).
- Maintain and promote the CRCCP Evaluation Network to disseminate evaluation tools and resources to grantees.
- Establish and manage a new NBCCEDP Evaluation Network for grantee programs.
- Prepare reports (written reports, oral presentations, or postings on websites) including but not limited to:
- Chief Executive Officer and/or Board reports (i.e. dashboard reports)
- Association materials and publications (NACDD annual report, e-bulletin, etc.)
- Program progress reports to CDC or other program funders and stakeholders
- Master degree in Public Health, Public Health Administration or related field with minimum of five years of experience in the public health field.
- 5+ years of experience planning/implementing program evaluations. Direct experience building evaluation capacity among federal grantee programs strongly preferred. Direct experience working with Federal grantee programs (e.g., state health departments, territories, and/or tribal organizations) also strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with the CDC Framework for Program Evaluation in Public Health
- Knowledge of or familiarity with the American Evaluation Association’s Guiding Principles for Evaluators
- Strong technological skills related to coordinating web-based communications (e.g., webinars, listservs), developing presentations, and creating resource materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Classification: Contractual status
Contract Duration: Project contract is 1 year; project duration could be multiple years
Annual Compensation: TBD
Benefits: There are not benefits associated with this position
How to Apply:
For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.