NACDD OPPORTUNITIES: Web Managing Editor
Monday, March 20, 2017
Web Managing Editor
This position is responsible for managing the end-to end web and digital property production process for the Association’s internal/external web sites, including the creation and maintenance of content, management of user experience, page design/layout, and graphic elements.
A major portion of this position involves technical support, documentation and administration of web digital applications that the NACDD uses to connect with its members and host events. The Web Managing Editor will be an important partner for NACDD leadership advising senior staff on how the NACDD’s web/digital properties can further the NACDD’s strategic direction and goals.
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of NACDD’s digital properties so that their functionality, navigation and overall performance support the strategic goals of the Association.
- Develop mastery of and apply NACDD’s brand, publication and style guidelines; regularly review for and fix typos, broken links and other errors.
- Work with NACDD leaders, consultants and members to maintain existing content and to develop new content to promote programs and services; support communications strategies involving web/digital properties.
- Plan for and schedule content, design and functionality/navigation updates as well as regular maintenance for NACDD’s digital properties to optimize user experience and mobile responsiveness.
- Perform website and digital property administration, such as setting provisions and managing access rights and workflows; assessing and updating security standards, protocols and other processes to assure web/digital property security.
- Compile, analyze and report on analytics for web/digital properties.
- In conjunction with NACDD leadership, prepare and oversee long-term plans for the NACDD’s digital presence and web development, including researching and tracking new technologies, developing new websites/digital properties, content management systems, and supporting back-end processes like content migration.
- Provide technical assistance to NACDD staff, consultants and members.
- Manage own workload, accurately estimating effort for tasks and communicating status.
Skills and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field and 3-5 years in web development/web design.
- Have a background in communications, and interests in digital strategy, user experience, and social media.
- Possess strong project management skills with demonstrated success record in developing and managing websites/digital properties.
- Clear understanding of best practices for web standards and usability methods.
- Ability to design and implement complex web services.
- Ability to proactively work effectively with staff, consultants and members.
- Strong organization, oral, and written communication skills as well as project management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to drive projects through to completion.
This position is located in Atlanta, GA. The successful candidate will enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, diverse and collegial office environment with high aspirations, frequent deadlines, open door policies and a collaborative team focused on maximizing efficiency and impact. NACDD offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays, and a flexible telework work schedule.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Position is located in a comfortable, indoor environment. Sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Full-time exempt position
Atlanta, GA based position. NACDD will not pay relocation cost.
NACDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NACDD is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
How to Apply
For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of NACDD’s background screening process.