|2017 Board of Directors Nomination Form|
Serving as a Member of The Board
NACDD has grown from 59 members to nearly 6,000 in the last 28 years. That growth has been in large part due to inspiring leadership from an entirely volunteer Board of Directors. If you, or someone you know, would like to join this high calling, please consider the following characteristics that an NACDD Board Member must possess.
• Energy: Possessing a genuine passion for public health and the role and work of state health departments
• Vision: An ability to look ahead of the ‘curve’ and project the future of the public health landscape
• Time: Having the appropriate time to devote and prioritize dedicated and concentrated time to the work of the Association.
• Commitment: Board members are often called to go above and beyond the call of duty and those times require extraordinary commitment and dedication, emergency meetings and even travel.
• Networking: Not everyone is a fundraiser, but Board members are expected to help identify opportunities to introduce potential financial and program partners to NACDD. Networking with potential partners is central to the sustainability of the Association.
• Represent: Board members are the face of the organization. Board members are expected to have a firm and thorough knowledge of NACDD and able to represent the association as both an ambassador as well as a spokesperson at various meetings outside of traditional public health circles.