1. Adler NE & Rehkopf DH. (2007). U.S. disparities in health: Descriptions, causes, and mechanisms. Annual Review of Public Health, 29: 235-252. Available at: http://hss.ucsf.edu/PDF/article-AdlerN-RehkopfDH-jun2008.pdf
2. Baquet C, Carter-Pokras O, Bengen-Seltzer B. Healthcare Disparities and Models for Change. The American Journal of Managed Care. 2004; Vol.10 Special Issue: SP5-SP11. Available at: http://220.127.116.11/hd/pdf/healthcaredisparities.pdf
3. Carter-Pokras O, Baquet C. What is a "Health Disparity”?. Public Health Reports. 2002; Vol.117: 426-434. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1497467/
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2011). CDC Health Disparities and Inequalities Report – United States, 2011. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. January 14, 2011, 60(Supplement):1-116. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/other/su6001.pdf
5. Danaher A. (2011). Reducing Disparities and Improving Population Health: The role of a vibrant community sector. Toronto: On. The Wellesley Institute. Available at: http://www.wellesleyinstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Reducing-Disparities-and-Improving-Population-Health.pdf
6. Diez Roux AV. (2011). Conceptual Approaches to the Study of Health Disparities. Annual Review of Public Health, 33:7.1-7.18. DOI:10.1146/annrev-publhealth-031811-124534. Available at: http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-publhealth-031811-124534?journalCode=publhealth
7. Freidan T, Hofritcher A. Framework for Public Health Acton: The Health Impact Pyramid. American Journal of Public Health. 2010; Vol.100, No. 4: 590-595.
8. Institute for Alternative Futures. The DRA Project: Using Healthy Eating and Active Living Initiatives to Reduce Health Disparities- February 2008 Report 08-01. 2008; 1-22. Available at http://www.altfutures.com/draproject/pdfs/Report_08_01_Using_Healthy_Eating_and_Active_Living_Initiatives__to_Reduce_Health_Disparities.pdf.
9. James SA. (2009). Epidemiologic Research on Health Disparities: Some Thoughts on History and Current Developments. Epidemiologic Reviews, 31:1-6. DOI:10.1093/epirev/mxp010. Available at: http://epirev.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/1/1.full
10. Kumanyika S, Morssink C. Bridging Domains in Efforts to Reduce Disparities in Health and Health Care. Health Education and Behavior. 2006; Vol. 33, No. 4: 440-458. Available at: http://www.lsic.ucla.edu/classes/psych/hs/instructor/Bridging%20Domains%20in%20Efforts%20to%20Reduce%20Disparities%20in%20Health%20and%20Health%20Care.pdf
11. Project Hope. Addressing Specific Disparities. Health Affairs: The Policy Journal of the Health Sphere. 2008; Vol. 27 No. 2. 1. . Available at: http://content.healthaffairs.org/cgi/content/full/27/2/392?etoc.
12. Project Hope. Health Disparities: Definitions and Data. Health Affairs: The Policy Journal of Health Sphere. 2008; Vol. 27, No. 2: 373.
13. Redmond Leonard J, Bowman B, Mensah B. Health Disparities: A Selected Bibliography from the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion- January 2000-January 2005. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. 2005: 1-46. Available at: http://www.lsic.ucla.edu/classes/psych/hs/instructor/Health%20Disparities%20A%20Selected%20Bibliography.pdf
14. Rust G, Cooper L. How Can Practice-based Research Contribute to the Elimination of Health Disparities? The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2007; Vol.20: 105-114. Available at: http://www.jabfm.org/content/20/2/105.full
15. Rust G, Cooper L. How Can Practice Based Research Contribute to the Elimination of Health Disparities? The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2007; Vol. 20, No. 2: 1- .
16. Thomas, Stephen B., Quinn, Sandra Crouse. (2008). Poverty and Elimination of Urban Health Disparities: Challenges and Opportunities. Annals of NY Academy Sciences 1136: 111–125. Available at: http://minority-health.pitt.edu/1022/1/Poverty_and_Elimination_of_Urban_Health.pdf
17. Williams D. Exposing the Roots of Health Disparities. Harvard Public Health Review. 2007; 1-4. 1. Available at: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/review/winter07/williams1.html