May is "Healthy Vision" Month
For ideas on how to promote the importance
of eye exams in the early detection and treatment of eye disease, as well as
the use of proper eye safety practices in preventing vision loss and blindness click here.
Focus on Eye Health: A National Summit - Register Today!Date: June 20, 2012
Time: 9:00am – 12:30pm
Location: Washington Marriott at Metro Center, 775 12th Street NW Washington, DC 20005Prevent Blindness America is hosting "Focus on Eye Health: A National Summit" on June 20, 2012 at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center. This event will launch the update of two very significant public health reports – Vision Problems in the U.S. and Economic Impact of Vision Problems. In addition to these updates, a variety of public health presentations will address vision and eye health in the United States.
Scheduled presentation topics include:
• Vision Problems in the U.S: Prevalence of Vision Problems - Dr. David Friedman, Johns Hopkins University
• Economic Impact of Vision Problems - Dr. Kevin Frick, Johns Hopkins University
• National Plan for Eye and Vision Research - Dr. Rick Fisher, National Eye Institute
• Surveillance of Vision Problems - Dr. Paul Lee, University of Michigan
• Co-Morbidities and Vision - Dr. John Crews, Vision Health Initiative, CDC
• Diabetes and the Eye - Dr. Ann Albright, Division of Diabetes Translation, CDC.
Attendees will include patient advocates, community-based organizations, national vision and eye health organizations, government agencies, and policymakers.Registration is free, but seating is limited, so please register early.
Register for the Focus on Eye Health National Summit