The Act on Data Improving Chronic Disease Coordination Systems Thinking Learning Tool Project
To assist states in their efforts to better coordinate their work, the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors Diabetes Council Act on Data work group created, with state member input, learning tools that use a systems thinking framework to help chronic disease program staff and partners “get on the same page.”
Using the Improving Chronic Disease Coordination Learning Tool, states and partners can quickly and effectively…
• Build a shared picture of chronic disease at a population health level
• Anticipate the impacts of various intervention strategies
• Distinguish between low and high leverage interventions
• Collectively develop a strategy and action plan that has the buy-in needed for implementation
Download the DRAFT Improving Chronic Disease Coordination Learning Tool
- ZIP File, 97MB Download
States are encouraged to review the three training webinars (see below) on how to utilize the tool.
The ZIP file contains:
- The Learning Tool (NACDD Tool.STMX) - Note you will need to download the software to use this tool. The Software is the ISEE player and can be downloaded from the ISEE Systems website.
- Supporting Materials
- The Facilitator Guide
- Exercises – these are handouts that can be used with small groups
- PowerPoint slides – these are power point presentations that can be used during your meeting
Chris Soderquist, a systems thinking expert, is leading the trainings. Read Chris's biography.
View Archived Training Webinar 1 - 3 April 16, May 7, May 28
Training Webinar Powerpoint Slides