CAREER OPPORTUNITY: NDPP Customer Service Center Subject Matter Expert - Employers
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
National Diabetes Prevention Program Customer Service Center Subject Matter Expert - Employers
This position reports directly to the NACDD Senior Director of Programs and works closely with the Diabetes Lead Customer Service Consultant and the Senior Diabetes Lead Consultant. The Customer Service Center Subject Matter Expert will provide technical assistance to employers on covering and implementing the National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) lifestyle change program for their employees. The CSC SME for employers will be responsible for proactive engagement with employers as well as responding to technical assistance requests received by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National DPP Customer Service Center. The CDC National DPP Customer Service Center is under development and will be the source of supporting tools and materials, along with associated technical assistance, for all National DPP stakeholder organizations. The CSC SME for employers will be assessed on CSC user satisfaction and on the ability to impact an increase and movement in the number of employers that are covering the National DPP lifestyle change program for employees.
Scope of Work:
· Provide subject matter expertise and serve on the NACDD National DPP Customer Support Center (CSC) SME team
· Provide technical assistance (TA) and support to employers seeking to cover CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs for their employees. Assist employers with standing up new inhouse programs, enhance programs already in existence and/or setting up mechanisms to and for employees to participate in off site CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs. Employers will be identified through the CDC DPP Technical Assistance and Support Center and/or proactively through SME outreach.
· Coordinate with NACDD and CDC to collect and prepare technical assistance tools and resources and respond to requests from the Support Center.
· Assist in the evaluation of TA provided.
· Provide post National DPP State Engagement Meetings support to states and assist with other TA support to states, time permitting.
· Provide proactive engagement with employers to get them involved in the National DPP—either in seeking CDC recognition to offer their own program or in contracting with a CDC-recognized org. and referring employees with prediabetes.
· Develop specific resources/tools/training for the CSC based on an understanding of the needs of employers seeking to work in this space.
· Directly respond to questions triaged from the CSC for technical assistance.
· Work and/or lead coordination of all SMEs with input from CDC and NACDD to ensure all SMEs are using consistent messaging, sharing lessons learned, aware of updates/progress, etc.
· Prepare reports (written reports, oral presentations, or postings on websites) including but not limited to:
o Chief Executive Officer and/or Board reports (i.e. dashboard reports)
o Association materials and publications (NACDD annual report, e-bulletin, etc.)
o Peer reviewed journals
o Evaluation of conferences and other NACDD training events
o Program progress reports to CDC or other program funders and stakeholders
· Assist with grant application submission and other proposals for funding. This includes but is not limited to writing, compiling of information, and/or coordination of activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary to achieve program’s goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Master degree in Public Health, Public Health Administration or related field with minimum of fives years of experience in the public health field.
· Knowledge of and experience in using the following tools and resources:
o NACDD National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Coverage Toolkit
o Diabetes Burden Toolkit
o Diabetes Prevention Impact Toolkit
o CDC Diabetes Prevention Emerging Practice documents
· Experience working with employer human resource or benefits/wellness managers/consultants
· Experience in designing or consulting on employee health plan coverage or wellness programs/benefits for fully insured and self insured employers
· Knowledge of worksite health promotion/self-management/prevention program promotion and employee engagement/retention
· Knowledge of and experience in working with Business Coalitions/Groups on Health
· Knowledge of the Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program (DPRP)
· Knowledge of CDC National DPP lifestyle change program and the evidence base that supports it
· General knowledge of business case, cost effectiveness and ROI of the National DPP
· Knowledge of payment and delivery models for disease prevention and self management programs
· Familiarity with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Disease, 10th Revision (CD10)codes
· Knowledge of prediabetes screening guidelines
· Ability to present information and provide technical assistance about the National DPP to various audiences including senior executives
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with a team
· Effective communication, and organizational skills; attention to detail is required
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, staff and consultants
· Strong project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget
· Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint) is required
Classification: Contractual/Consultant status
Contract Duration: Project contract is 1 year; project duration could be multiple years
Annual Compensation: TBD
Benefits: There are not benefits associated with this position
How to Apply:
For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.