CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Project Coordinator
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) is actively seeking candidates for a Project Coordinator position.
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors is a Member-based not-for-profit Association that improves the health of the public by strengthening state-based leadership and expertise for chronic disease prevention and control in states and at the national level.
Working under the direction of NACDD’s Associate Director of Performance Management, the Project Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting the activities of the CDC-funded programs and activities including support administrative needs, and other related tasks. This position will also provide support to all Team Leads and the Leadership Team.
This position is best suited for an individual interested in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Applicant must be highly motivated, technologically savvy, a quick learner and able to work independently.
ESSENTIAL WORK DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supports administrative needs of the program, including scheduling, coordinating and managing multiple calendars, taking meeting notes, organizing, arranging and setting up program technology for virtual connections (i.e. Adobe Connect, Zoom, etc) and follow-up on action items, etc.;
- Independently creates well-organized, grammatically correct memos and reports for distribution to NACDD stakeholders;
- Participates in required program meetings, planning events and routine calls;
- Maintains all program documentation in Dropbox in collaboration with the team;
- Assists with providing program evaluation updates or other requested program reports;
- Ensures consistent communication with the program team and NACDD senior leadership;
- Demonstrates leadership and maintains credibility, trust and support with NACDD staff, consultants and Members;
- Occasional travel within the United States may be required;
- Assume other duties as assigned and perform special projects as needed or directed;
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of solid experience supporting a busy senior leadership team preferably in a service-driven membership Association;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook and other technologies (Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, Doodle, etc.);
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications and web-based platforms;
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and proficiency in business vocabulary to effectively represent the executive and the company to outside partners;
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills;
- Strong project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget;
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and confidence to interact with senior leaders and the ability to remain calm when under pressure;
- Must embrace working in entrepreneurial environment that is fast-paced, mission-driven, results-driven and member-oriented;
- Ability to maintain high-level of professionalism and integrity;
- Available to travel as needed to travel
Office Environment: This position is located in Decatur, GA. The successful candidate will enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, diverse and collegial office environment with high aspirations, frequent deadlines, open door policies and a collaborative team focused on maximizing efficiency and impact. NACDD offers a competitive compensation package, including medical coverage, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, and flexible work schedule.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: Position is located in a comfortable, indoor environment. Sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Classification: Contractual staff
Location: Atlanta, GA based position. NACDD will not pay relocation cost.
How to Apply: For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.