CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Program Specialist V/Program Evaluator at Texas DSHS CDE Branch
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Program Specialist V/ Program Evaluator:
Under limited supervision of the manager of the Chronic Disease Epidemiology (CDE) branch, this role performs program evaluation activities for chronic diseases programs including School Health, Tobacco Prevention and Control Program, and other chronic disease programs within the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention (HPCDP) section. Work involves:
Click here to apply: https://jobshrportal.hhsc.state.tx.us/ENG/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrderID=394770&szReturnToSearch=1&&szWordsToHighlight=
- Planning, monitoring and implementing evaluation plans and writing reports for chronic disease programs.
- Ensures accurate and timely data collection to capture appropriate outcome and process measures of community intervention projects.
- Responsible for developing logic models, evaluation data collection tools, monitoring data, and updating on evaluation related analyses and findings.
- Works with CDE and other HPCDP section program staff collaboratively to identify and resolve evaluation-related problems, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Assists in development of grant applications and action plans for community program improvement.
- Coordinates with internal and external partners.
- Works with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.