CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Epidemiologist II at Texas DSHS CDE Branch
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of the Chronic Disease Epidemiology (CDE), this role:
- Performs data analysis and surveillance related to Cardiovascular Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Program databases.
- Is responsible for designing and conducting surveys among partners, data collection, management and analysis.
- Oversees and manages importing and linking data files from contractors, follows privacy and confidentiality protocols for data transfer and maintenance.
- Is responsible for verifying completeness and accuracy of data elements, analyzing data and creating reports.
- Identifies issues and follows up to resolve them.
- Interprets survey and GWTG program data results and writes data reports as required by funding partners.
- Works closely with Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Program, and external partners and stakeholders to disseminate findings and respond to specific data requests.
- Works with CDE staff and the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section programs and identify trends, new data sources related to chronic diseases, and assists in development of action plans for data analyses and dissemination.
- Works with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Link to apply: https://jobshrportal.hhsc.state.tx.us/ENG/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrderID=397197&szReturnToSearch=1&&szWordsToHighlight