CAREER OPPORTUNITY: NACDD Meeting Coordinator
Monday, October 15, 2018
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) is a national public health association for chronic disease program directors of each state and U.S. territory. Founded in 1988, NACDD links together more than 7,000 Members to advocate for preventive policies and programs, encourage knowledge sharing and develop partnerships for health promotion. Since its founding, NACDD has been a national leader in mobilizing efforts to reduce chronic diseases and their associated risk factors through state and community-based prevention strategies. NACDD activities helps to support state efforts by:
* Providing educational and training opportunities for our Members
* Developing legislative analyses, materials, policy statements and other resources
* Educating policymakers about the importance of funding for state chronic disease prevention and control efforts
* Providing technical assistance and mentoring to state public health practitioners
* Developing partnerships and collaboration with public health and scientific communities, health care providers, federal agencies, universities and the private sector to pursue common goals
* For more information, please visit: www.chronicdisease.org
The Meeting Coordinator (MC) provides administrative support for the meeting planning department, primarily supporting the NACDD Diabetes Team. The Meeting Coordinator (MC) will report to the Senior Meeting Planner. The MC is responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, venue research, registration management, meeting document storage, travel and lodging arrangements, and other tasks related to meeting planning. Overall, the MC role promotes operational efficiency and effectiveness with the project activities of the NACDD meeting and events department.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Support department initiatives related to meeting planning, including:
* Provides direct support to the NACDD Meeting Planners and Consultants;
* Supports and manages venue research, Request for Proposal (RFP) process, and secures contracts;
* Creates registration website using Eventbrite and/or Cvent platforms and sends registration reports;
* Arranges meeting room logistics, catering requirements and audio-visual needs;
* Coordinates travel, hotel, and transportation details;
* Supports webinars and other virtual meetings;
Support department initiatives and ongoing administrative duties, including:
* Takes meeting notes and timely follows-up on action items;
* Provides other administrative support as needed: crafting name badges, table tents, packet assembly, etc.;
* Reconciles internal invoices and other reporting (American Express card, billing, print, and travel);
* Manages and creates digital document storage platform for meetings;
* Maintains an accurate calendar of all NACDD meeting and events;
* Performs other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, diverse and collegial office environment with high aspirations, frequent deadlines, open door policies and a collaborative team focused on maximizing efficiency and impact. NACDD offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401K retirement plan, 33 paid vacation and holidays, telework and flexible work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume to the following email address: email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
NACDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.