CAREER OPPORTUNITY: NACDD Senior Director of Operations
Monday, June 17, 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) is a national public health association for chronic disease program directors of each state and U.S. territory. Founded in 1988, NACDD links together more than 7,000 Members to advocate for preventive policies and programs, encourage knowledge sharing and develop partnerships for health promotion. Since its founding, NACDD has been a national leader in mobilizing efforts to reduce chronic diseases and their associated risk factors through state and community-based prevention strategies. NACDD activities helps to support state efforts by:
• Providing educational and training opportunities for our Members
• Developing legislative analyses, materials, policy statements and other resources
• Educating policymakers about the importance of funding for state chronic disease prevention and control efforts
• Providing technical assistance and mentoring to state public health practitioners
• Developing partnerships and collaboration with public health and scientific communities, health care providers, federal agencies, universities and the private sector to pursue common goals • For more information, please visit: www.chronicdisease.org
The Senior Director of Operations (SDO) will manage all hands-on operational aspects of the Association. Assists the CEO in the successful growth of the Association. Provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the Association has the proper operational practices and controls, administrative processes, and reporting procedures, and human capital in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Additionally, the SDO will provide the supervisory oversight to Finance, Communications, Membership and Project Management Office, and Meeting and Event Planning departments. The SDO will operate in conjunction with the leadership team and ensure all practices and procedures align with the Association’s strategic plan and mission and support the programmatic requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists the CEO with ensuring the ongoing alignment of the Association’s strategic plan, fiduciary and regulatory imperatives; driving the Association to achieve business goals and objectives.
• Ensures operational systems and processes are in place that maximize efficiencies and to best align resources to priorities. Co-chairs the IT Governance committee.
• Participates in formulating, developing, implementing, and administering long range goals and objectives at the direction of leadership; provides input for development of new and emerging services and activities.
• Provides day-to-day leadership and management of NACDD operations reflecting the core values of the Association.
• Builds and maintains relationships with all department directors and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
• Provides support to the Board and CDC committees or workgroups addressing issues of interest to NACDD, where NACDD member participation may not be feasible. Raise visibility within CDC and with private companies to ensure that NACDD is the “Go-To” organization.
• Motivates and leads high-performance teams; fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Association. Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach, assigns accountabilities, setting objectives, establishes priorities, and monitors and evaluates results.
• Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Provides excellent customer service and encourages continuous quality management improvement opportunities.
• Ensures measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external processes; provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the Association.
• Collaborates with management to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the Association.
• Manages, in collaboration with the Director of Finance, the Association’s risk management, resource allocation, and financial planning policies and procedures. Participates in annual budgeting activities to align programming with priorities articulated by Association leadership.
• Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance. Periodically conducts an IT audit to ensure the Association is optimizing its processes and implements necessary updates and changes.
• Represents the Association with consultants, members, and other stakeholders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Master’s degree in public administration, Business Administration, Public Health or related field, with 10 to 15 years related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous experience working in an association or non-profit organization is preferred
• At least three years of work experience in a federal, state, county or local health department is required
• Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards
• Strategic visionary with sound financial skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
• Strong project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget
• Demonstrate a strong decision-making background with follow up skills and customer service dedication
• Communicate clearly and effectively in written, oral and visual form; listening attentively; attention to detail
• Ability to embrace change
The successful candidate will enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, diverse and collegial office environment with high aspirations, frequent deadlines, open door policies and a collaborative team focused on maximizing efficiency and impact. NACDD offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401K retirement plan, 33 paid vacation and holidays, telework and flexible work schedule and other perks.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume to the following email address: email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
NACDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.