CAREER OPPORTUNITY: NACDD Portfolio Manager
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
This full-time staff position reports directly to the NACDD Associate Director of Programs in collaboration with the Senior Director of Programs and works closely with NACDD Consultants.
The Portfolio Manager will serve as the liaison for their assigned portfolio projects including work with NACDD consultants, contractors, partners and funders to ensure effective collaboration between numerous projects/activities within the portfolio. The Portfolio Manager will oversee all reports and maintain communication between all NACDD consultants acting as the liaison between projects and internal/external stakeholders. This position will ensure that all performance measures are met, and all obligations are satisfied. The Portfolio Manager will be in regular contact with the NACDD Associate Director of Programs, NACDD consultants, and the CDC Technical Monitor to provide regular communication updates to all parties throughout the course of the projects. Frequent communication and briefings will be expected by the Portfolio Manager to the Senior Director of Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as the liaison between NACDD consultants and internal/external stakeholders in order to promote communication, collaboration and unity within project work;
• Monitors and analyzes the various facets of projects within the program areas, assuring the proper integration into the overall mission;
• Provides regular updates to the Associate Director of Programs on program impact and proposes program changes necessary to respond to changed requirements;
• Responsible for staying current on all contracts, work plans, and project activities;
• Ensures that the program operates within the approved budget and maintains a system for sound fiscal management;
• Prepare reports (written reports, oral presentations, or postings on websites)for Senior Leadership at NACDD;
• Assist with grant application submission and other proposals for funding. This includes but is not limited to writing, compiling of information, and/or coordination of activities;
• Collaborates with other NACDD departments to ensure effective and efficient program delivery;
• Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team at CDC;
• Participates in monthly NACDD Consultant Team meetings;
• Attends project/program meetings and events;
• Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary to achieve program’s goals and objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
• Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Health Administration or related field with minimum of seven years of experience in the public health field;
• Prior experience working in Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Healthy Communities and other public health areas a plus;
• Prior work experience in a state, county or local health department- strongly preferred;
• Prior Association or other not–for-profit experience- preferred;
• Strong project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget. Able to manage multiple projects;
• Demonstrate experience in leading and working in a cross-functional collaborative team environment, building and fostering relationships and promoting team spirit;
• Excellent multitasking skills and problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions;
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Zoom is required. Must be able to master technologies and software applications
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions clearly and comprehensively from all levels of management, NACDD members and consultants and determined stakeholders
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate effectively orally and written to a wide range of professionals at different levels, internally and externally; listening attentively
• Ability to adapt to unexpected situations
• Understand the importance of keeping current industry or subject matter expertise
This position is located in Decatur, GA. The successful candidate will enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, diverse and collegial office environment with high aspirations, frequent deadlines, open door policies and a collaborative team focused on maximizing efficiency and impact. NACDD offers a competitive compensation package, including medical coverage, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, flexible work schedule and professional development activities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position is located in a comfortable, indoor environment. Sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components.
Full-time exempt position
Decatur, GA based position. NACDD will not pay relocation cost.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to the following email address: email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.