CAREER OPPORTUNITY: NACDD Associate Director of Programs
Monday, October 15, 2018
Associate Director of Programs
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) is a national public health association for chronic disease program directors of each state and U.S. territory. Founded in 1988, NACDD links together more than 7,000 Members to advocate for preventive policies and programs, encourage knowledge sharing and develop partnerships for health promotion. Since its founding, NACDD has been a national leader in mobilizing efforts to reduce chronic diseases and their associated risk factors through state and community-based prevention strategies. NACDD activities helps to support state efforts by:
* Providing educational and training opportunities for our Members
* Developing legislative analyses, materials, policy statements and other resources
* Educating policymakers about the importance of funding for state chronic disease prevention and control efforts
* Providing technical assistance and mentoring to state public health practitioners
* Developing partnerships and collaboration with public health and scientific communities, health care providers, federal agencies, universities and the private sector to pursue common goals
* For more information, please visit: www.chronicdisease.org
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Programs, this position oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing NACDD programs including planning, organizing, implementing, leading and controlling of all program activities of staff and consultants, and overall management of the NACDD Project Portfolio.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Collaborates with the CEO and senior leadership to develop strategies and formulate program goals to implement overall project activities. Plans the delivery of the overall programs and its activities in accordance with the mission of the Association;
* Supervises and mentors the Project Coordinator and other Members of the team;
* Oversees NACDD Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure program objectives and deliverables are met in timely manner;
* Monitors and analyzes the various facets of projects within the program areas, assuring the proper integration into the overall mission;
* Advises senior leadership on program impact and proposes program changes necessary to respond to changed requirements;
* Ensures that the Association's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
* In collaboration with the Director of Quality and Performance Management provides expert advice and counsel regarding capabilities and gaps of the Association;
* Evaluates grant proposals and contracts;
* Develops new work plans and initiatives to support the strategic direction of the Association;
* Reviews evaluation data related to public health and determines areas of strength and weakness;
* Collaborates with other directors to ensure effective and efficient program delivery;
* Ensures that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the Association;
* And assumes other duties as assigned and perform special projects as needed or directed.
* Provides overall program management and leadership as well as daily supervision and content expertise to the NACDD project teams;
* Ensures that the program operates within the approved budget and maintains a system for sound fiscal management;
* Collaborates with the CDC and other funded national partner organizations in all aspects of planning, implementation, and evaluation of national efforts
* Assists in developing future applications or continuations in specific subjects pertinent to area of expertise;
* Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
* Masters degree in public health, Public Health Administration or related field with minimum of 10 years of experience in the public health field;
* Experience in federal government grant programs and grants management;
* Experience in writing grants (both for private funders and public funders), project work plans and project budgets;
* Ability to effectively communicate through technical writing for required Federal Government grants and cooperative agreements;
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously within deadlines including staff, SMEs, budgets and partnerships;
* Demonstrated ability in management and supervision;
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with a team;
* Effective communication and organizational skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, staff and consultants and Board of Directors;
* Strong project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget;
* Able to take direction well and able to establish and maintain professional credibility and diplomacy;
* Ability to travel as needed.
The successful candidate will enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, diverse and collegial office environment with high aspirations, frequent deadlines, open door policies and a collaborative team focused on maximizing efficiency and impact. NACDD offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401K retirement plan, 33 paid vacation and holidays, telework and flexible work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
NACDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.