Attend the 2016 Environmental Public Health Tracking Virtual Conference: May 3 - June 3, 2016
Click Here to Register or Log in !
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) has partnered with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/Environmental Health Tracking Branch (Tracking Branch) to host a virtual conference to 1) raise awareness and knowledge about the environment’s role in asthma and other chronic diseases and 2) highlight collaboration opportunities between state leaders, decision makers and practitioners working in environmental health and chronic disease prevention.
Conference content will include topics such as asthma, air quality, cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart disease, health equity and the environment, and others.
This event is also brought to you by:
• The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
• The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
• The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
• To increase awareness and knowledge about the role of environmental hazards in asthma and other chronic diseases and to highlight the utility of the National Environmental Public Health Tracking Network in addressing these public health issues
• To promote collaboration between public health leaders, subject matter experts and practitioners at state health departments across the US and US territories
• To provide a forum for public health leaders, subject matter experts and public health practitioners at state health departments to share best practices and lessons learned
At the end of the conference participants will be able to:
1) Describe how Tracking Program resources can be used to help prevent and control chronic diseases
2) Discuss the successes of tracking programs in improving public health
3) Support an integrated approach to chronic disease prevention and control
Registration Fee: Conference is free for all attendees
Click here to visit the virtual conference website
NACDD Chronic Disease Academy coming in Fall 2016!
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors conducts its Chronic Disease Academy independently as well as in partnership with other organizations or state health departments. Academies are traditional, didactic, and face-to-face learning opportunities that can be tailored to fit the audience and time allotted. Academies typically span 2 to 4 days and feature general sessions as well as workshops and breakout sessions. Classes are always taught by leading public health professionals with years of experience at the county, state, and federal levels. Continuing education credits can also be earned through the Academy. For a complete list of current course offerings, please CLICK HERE TO ACCESS OUR COURSE CATALOG. Please contact John Patton at: email@example.com or call 770-458-7400 to learn more about upcoming Academies or to plan one in your state.