Return to the homepage of the Cardiovascular Health program
Achieving Successful Bi-Directional Electronic Referrals
NACDD is currently working with seven states utilizing their 1815 and/or 1817 funding to implement Community e-Connect.
Community e-Connect is a bi-directional linkage between clinical electronic health records (EHRs) and community-based organizations (CBOs). A one-page overview of the project can be found here, and a more detailed overview of the project process is available here (.pptx).
These graphics depicting the flow of information and the data sharing process should also provide helpful context.
States can determine their readiness to participate using this assessment.
Community e-Connect directly supports the following strategies and activities outlined in CDC-RFA-DP18-1815PPHF18:
• A.6. Implement strategies to increase enrollment in CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs Diabetes Management and/or Type 2 Diabetes Prevention
• B.7 Implement systems to facilitate systematic referral of adults with hypertension and/or high blood cholesterol to community programs/resources
Community e-Connect may also impact these strategies and activities in CDC-RFA-DP18-1815PPHF18:
• A.3. Increase engagement of pharmacists in the provision of medication management or DSMES for people with diabetes
• A.4. Assist health care organizations in implementing systems to identify people with prediabetes and refer them to CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs for type 2 diabetes prevention
• B.5. Develop a statewide infrastructure to promote sustainability for CHWs to promote management of hypertension and high blood cholesterol
For more information about Community e-Connect, please contact Susan Svencer, email@example.com.