Who We Are
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors’ Osteoporosis
Council is a vibrant group of state and territorial osteoporosis
professionals working together to improve bone health and prevent
osteoporosis and fractures.
What We Do
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of osteoporosis and fracture prevention and control programs.
- Enhance professional growth of the public health workforce to prevent, detect and treat osteoporosis and fractures.
- Increase awareness of osteoporosis, its related complications and the need for coordinated programs and outreach.
Why Join Us
The council is a key avenue for professionals working on this
critical public health issue to communicate on a regular basis with
their peers on a local, state and national level. As a member, you
- Have access to the latest facts and figures regarding osteoporosis
- Have access to materials to promote osteoporosis awareness in your state
- Develop partnerships to build capacity for osteoporosis prevention and education programs
- Join a forum for NOC issues and activities
- Build a peer-to-peer network linking new osteoporosis programs to more experienced leaders
- Serve in a consultative role with NACDD councils, interest groups and committees
- Formulate positions on public policy and legislation that can
be sent as recommendations to the Legislative and Policy Committee
of the NACDD Board of Directors
- Coordinate advocacy activities and public policy statements with the Legislative and Policy Committee
- Link to numerous professional development opportunities
- Access to legislative and policy training
- Exchange and share ideas and strategies