A Message from CEO John W. Robitscher, MPH:
We hope that this Member Information Guide serves as an introduction to the resources and opportunities available to you to help support your work addressing the challenge of chronic disease. In the guide, we outline opportunities for you to engage, tools to use, and resources to employ to support your team in preventing and controlling chronic disease.
|Click to read
As a new Member of National Association of Chronic Disease Directors, we encourage you to take full advantage of all the dynamic and turnkey services our association provides.
- Discover more about NACDD, how the Association is structured, and how you might take on a leadership role as a Member (for more details, see page 18-19).
- Find out how to stay current with information in your field through our newsletters, Success Stories, and webinars (for more details, see page 22).
- Learn more about professional development activities, such as our Members-only Chronic Disease Academy (for more details, see page 25).
- Enhance your involvement by connecting with subject matter experts in the Diabetes Prevention Program, Health Equity, and School Health, among others (for more details, see pages 42-45).
- Optimize your peer network via social media and our website (for more details, see pages 54-55).
As a continuing Member of NACDD, please explore page 14 of this guide for new resources or helpful tips that you can make use of this year.
Now is a great time to connect you with the appropriate resources, tools, and engagement opportunities, no matter when you last engaged with NACDD and your peers. Pages 56-58 explain how to iniatiate and update your Member profile.
Updating your profile is essential so that we can keep you in the know, new services and professional development opportunities as they become available. An updated profile also allows us to communicate with you around your specific interest and work.
If you have any questions regarding how to get started, we encourage you to reach out directly to our Member Services Department. They are standing by to provide best-in-class service to assist you. You can contact our Member Services Department at Members@chronicdisease.org.
Because of you, millions of Americans are receiving greater access to information and the fruits of your expert collaboration, allowing them to live healthier, more engaged lives.
Through our efforts and your engagement, we can help ensure the journey toward improved overall health and more informed populations continues. We invite you to complete a short survey about our Member Information Guide (see page 61).
In Good Health,
John W. Robitscher, MPH
Chief Executive Officer