STAR 2018 is Here
We are now accepting applications to participate in our STAR 2018 Cohort. Apply before November 16, 2017 to be selected for a visit in 2018. Click here to apply (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/STateActivation)
What STAR Is
STAR (STate Activation and Response) is designed to assess a Chronic Disease Unit’s organizational capacity, identify opportunities for increasing organizational capacity and, through participation in a 1.5 day workshop, develop a short-term (six-month to one year) plan for achieving increased organizational capacity.
STAR Framework components:
- Partnerships and Relationships
- Workforce Development
- Management and Administration
- Organizational Climate and Culture
- Evidenced Based Public Health Practices
Additionally, the STAR process provides a peer learning environment with other states that are working through the same process to allow for cross sharing and learning about organizational capability and successful strategies for increasing capacity in a short-term time frame.
Expectations for states participating in STAR include:
- Completing the brief application for STAR (Chronic Disease Director and leadership level)
- Completing the STAR assessment (entire Chronic Disease unit/team)
- Participating in planning calls and monthly peer calls
- Participating in a 1.5 day STAR workshop
- Participating in monthly peer learning calls with STAR peers over eight months
- Serving as a mentor to another STAR state during the following year
- Attending NACDD Academy
- Participating in six month evaluation and one-year re-assessment
How You Can Join
To learn more about STAR and how it can help your state, please contact NACDD STAR Consultant Tamara Engel at firstname.lastname@example.org.